posted on 2017-06-30, 00:00authored byG. Massiot & cie
The Renaissance château was built in the 16th century over the ruins of the medieval castle (9th century) that once stood there. Part of the medieval ramparts and the donjon are still standing. The château is privately owned, still inhabited by the family of La Roche-Aymon, descendants of Beauvilliers, Dukes of Saint-Aignan.
History
Date Created
1910-01-01
Date Modified
2017-06-30
Temporal Coverage
before or circa 1910
Rights Statement
To view the physical lantern slide, please contact the Architecture Library.
Cultural Context
Renaissance
Spatial Coverage
Saint-Aignan, Centre, France
Saint-Aignan
+47.269558+1.374429