University of Notre Dame
Browse
1/1
3 files

Church of Saint Anastasia, Verona: Interior, nave looking towards altar

figure
posted on 2017-07-03, 00:00 authored by G. Massiot & cie
Designed by the Dominican friars Fra Benvenuto da Imola and Fra Nicola da Imola. It took its name from a pre-existing temple built by King Theoderic the Great. Since 1307, it is in fact co-entitled to St. Peter of Verona, martyr and co-patron of the city. Unfinished, the fa\u00E7ade is mostly in brickwork, with a rose window. The Pellegrini Chapel (ca. 1430) houses the late International Gothic fresco of St. George and the Princess of Trebizond by Pisanello as well as the grave of Wilhelm von Bibra. The apse was finished in 1432.

History

Alt Title

Basilica di Sant'Anastasia

Date Created

1910-01-01

Date Modified

2017-07-03

Spatial Coverage

Verona|Verona, Veneto, Italy|+45.445278+11

Temporal Coverage

before or circa 1910

Cultural Context

Gothic (Medieval)

Rights Statement

To view the physical lantern slide, please contact the Architecture Library.

Usage metrics

    Rare Books and Special Collections

    Categories

    No categories selected

    Exports

    RefWorks
    BibTeX
    Ref. manager
    Endnote
    DataCite
    NLM
    DC