University of Notre Dame
Browse
1/1
3 files

Church of Santiago, Cadiz: Side elevation from Plaza de la Catedral with statue of Bishop Domingo de Silos Moreno

figure
posted on 2017-07-05, 00:00 authored by G. Massiot & cie
The Plaza de la Catedral houses both the Cathedral and the Baroque church of Santiago. It was the former headquarters of the College of the Society of Jesus; only the church remains, rebuilt after destruction in 1596. It has Ionic pilasters which contrast against the white oyster shell stucco. It was designed by Alonso Romero, a Jesuit brother.

History

Alt Title

Church of Saint James

Date Created

1910-01-01

Date Modified

2017-07-05

Spatial Coverage

Cádiz +36.529685-6.295667 Cádiz, Cádiz, Spain

Temporal Coverage

before or circa 1910

Cultural Context

['Mannerist (Renaissance-Baroque style)', 'Baroque']

Rights Statement

To view the physical lantern slide, please contact the Architecture Library.

Usage metrics

    Rare Books and Special Collections

    Categories

    No categories selected

    Exports

    RefWorks
    BibTeX
    Ref. manager
    Endnote
    DataCite
    NLM
    DC