posted on 2017-07-05, 00:00authored byG. Massiot & cie
This tower was modified in 1901 to admit street traffic. This view is before the modification.
<br />
In the second half of the 14th century the Musegg wall, 870 m long, with nine towers and one of the longest fortifications in Switzerland, was built round the city. Three of the nine towers are accessible to tourists today. The names of the nine towers are Nolli, Mannli, Luegisland, Heu, Zyt, Schirmer, Pulver, Allenwinden, and Dachli.
History
Alt Title
Old City Walls, Lucerne
Date Created
1910-01-01
Date Modified
2017-07-05
Temporal Coverage
before or circa 1910
Rights Statement
To view the physical lantern slide, please contact the Architecture Library.