Hesburgh Libraries General Collection

Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Department or Unit: Hesburgh Libraries General Collection remove × Collection: Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany remove × Type of Work: Doctoral Dissertation OR Master's Thesis OR Image remove ×
Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Fountain in Nuremburg, Germany

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    This Baroque style fountain (named Liebfrauenbrunnen), was erected on the Liebfrauenberg, formerly one of Frankfurt’s most posh locations, in 1769. The conical centre of the fountain consists of a rustic obelisk, copied (restored) by Kurt Zobel in 1970.

    Views of Frankfurt am Main distributed by the French company G. Massiot & Cie (actual photographer unknown). Distributed before 1912. Large sections of the Altstadt were rebuilt after World War II bombing and so only a few old buildin…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    St. George’s Fountain (Georgsbrunnen) which is above Herteriches Well (left) and the Jagstheimerhaus now (Marien Apotheke) face the south end of the Markplatz, or market square. The well, which is 8 meters deep, is the largest of the 40 wells in the city of Rothenburg. The decorations on the fountain date to 1608. The Jagstheimer House dates from 1488.

    German town in Middle Franconia, Bavaria, with a population of 12,500, lying on a plateau 100 m above the River Tauber on its right bank….

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A late-Gothic 14th century patrician house, which today houses the tourist information office. The origin of the name is unknown. It might refer to a synagogue which was mentioned in a document written in 1385, as the house stands at the corner of a small street called “Judenstrasse” (Jews’ Street). In the late Middle Ages, however, the Jews of Hildesheim lived in a quarter called Lappenberg, about one kilometer away from the Market Place. There was also a painted gable of joust…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The City Hall, erected in Gothic style, is one of the oldest city halls in Germany. The construction was started in 1268 and completed in 1290, using sandstone from a local quarry which still can be seen in a forest in Hildesheim called Steinberg (Stone Mountain). Frequently remodelled over the centuries (e.g. in 1375, 1454 and 1883-1887) and heavily damaged in 1945, the City Hall was rebuilt after the war and inaugurated in 1954. One of its towers, which remained nearly undamaged during the …

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public