Hesburgh Libraries General Collection

Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Department or Unit: Hesburgh Libraries General Collection remove × Collection: Architectural Lantern Slides of Bohemia and Moravia (present-day Czechia) remove ×
Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Church of Our Lady Victorious is an Early Baroque building , dating back to 1611, was rebuilt from 1634 to 1669 by the Carmelite order. Contains a statuette of the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    On the east side of the Old Town square the Týn (‘enclosed area’) developed (11th century), with a hostel and warehouse for foreign merchants that later became a customshouse, and with the church of St Mary (1256), fronted by the parish school. St Mary of Týn was rebuilt from 1339 to ca. 1410. Under the Hussite king George of Poděbrady, St Mary of Týn became the symbol of the Utraquists (who demanded communion in both kinds), and he began the twin western towers (completed under Vladi…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public