Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany

Collection Details Full Record
Parent Collection
Architectural Lantern Slides

Description

Lantern slides created in Germany during the late 19th or early 20th century. Image subjects include churches, cathedrals, houses, public buildings, synagogues, sculpture, and theaters. These lantern slides were intended for use in architectural pedagogy. Some images include people and fashions of the time.

Creator

G. Massiot & cie

Subject

Bridges

Theaters

City halls

Architecture

Churches

City walls

Cathedrals

Fountains

Synagogues

Palaces

Hotels

Spatial Coverage

Bonn

Frankfurt

Munich

Wiesbaden

Stuttgart

Rothenburg

Hildesheim

Germany

Heidelberg

Nuremberg

Trier

Cologne

Koblenz

Berlin

Aachen

Augsburg

Hamburg

Potsdam

Mainz

Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Collection: Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany remove × Type of Work: Doctoral Dissertation OR Master's Thesis OR Image remove ×
Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Column in the nave; choir stalls to the right. Coats of arms on the walls.

    The Franciscan Church is the oldest church of Rothenburg; the former monastic church is today an Evangelical-Lutheran parish church. The monastery (Franziskanerkloster) was begun 1281 and abandoned after 1548 at the Reformation. The various monastery buildings were used by the city, but eventually have been destroyed, except for the church. The stained glass windows were made by Johannes Schreiter. It has a “Lett…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The brick Gothic hall Church of St. Nicholas was built around 1242 and 100 years later, following the example of St. Peter’s Church in Lübeck, was rebuilt with a long choir. In 1877-1884 the church was refaced with a neo-Gothic facade. After the church in was heavily damaged in 1943 and 1944, during the Second World War, it was rebuilt. Reconstruction took place in 1950 by the architect Gerhard Langmaack largely in simplified modern shapes and materials, such as concrete piers and a concr…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01