Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Type of Work: Doctoral Dissertation OR Master's Thesis OR Image OR Article remove ×
Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Ruins of the palace of the Bagratid kings of Ani, Armenia.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Ruins of the palace of the Bagratid kings of Ani, Armenia.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Ruins of the palace of the Bagratid kings of Ani, Armenia.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Echniadzin, meaning “The Descent of the Only Begotten Son” is an ancient capital located in Armenia. The Cathedral was erected in the 4th century by King Trdat III and Saint Gregory the Illuminator. It was built on top of a pagan temple that had been destroyed by King Trdat. The existing cathedral was rebuilt around 480 AD on the four bases that had survived from a 4th century cruciform basilica. The Cathedral’s present dome and belfry on the western side date from the 17th cent…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Echniadzin, meaning “The Descent of the Only Begotten Son” is an ancient capital located in Armenia. The Cathedral was erected in the 4th century by King Trdat III and Saint Gregory the Illuminator. It was built on top of a pagan temple that had been destroyed by King Trdat. The existing cathedral was rebuilt around 480 AD on the four bases that had survived from a 4th century cruciform basilica. The Cathedral’s present dome and belfry on the western side date from the 17th cent…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Cathedral of Ani is the largest standing building in Ani, capital of medieval Bagratid Armenia, located in present-day eastern Turkey, on the border with modern Armenia. This was designated as a world heritage site in 2016. (Wikipedia)

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A covered gallery on a corner of the Piazza della Signoria in Florence, Italy, adjoining the Uffizi Gallery, consisting of wide arches open to the street. The Loggia dei Lanzi was built between 1376 and 1382 by Benci di Cione and Simone di Francesco Talenti, to house the assemblies of the people and to hold public ceremonies.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    An archaic altar dedicated to the god Saturn. It was constructed in the sixth century BCE and continued to be used until the Roman Empire collapsed, It is located in front of the Temple of Saturn in the Roman Forum. Its remains were uncovered by Rodolfo Lanciani in 1902.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    An ancient basilica in Rome, Italy. The church dates back to the 4th (or 5th) century and is devoted to four anonymous saints and martyrs. A new church was built on the site in the 12th century. The complex of the basilica is made up of two courtyards, the fortified Cardinal Palace with its Saint Silvester Chapel and the monastery.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A church in Rome, Italy.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The tomb of Philippe II of Alençon. He died in Rome in 1397 and was buried in the tomb he had built for himself in Santa Maria in Trastevere. The tomb is attributed to the Florentine Giovanni d'Ambrogio. The monument was later dismantled, and its original appearance as a ciborium with altar was lost when it was converted into a wall monument. Surviving from the elaborate tomb are the recumbent figure, the reliefs of the Dormition and Assumption of the Virgin, and a series of small statuet…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A Renaissance building in the central Piazza dei Signori in Vicenza, Italy. The most notable feature of the edifice is the loggia, which shows one of the first examples of what have come to be known as the Palladian window, designed by a young Andrea Palladio. The building was originally constructed in the 15th century and was known as the Palazzo della Ragione. In 1546 Andrea Palladio was chosen to reconstruct the building. Palladio named the building a basilica, after the Roman civil struct…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01