Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Echniadzin, meaning “The Descent of the Only Begotten Son” is an ancient capital located in Armenia. The Cathedral was erected in the 4th century by King Trdat III and Saint Gregory the Illuminator. It was built on top of a pagan temple that had been destroyed by King Trdat. The existing cathedral was rebuilt around 480 AD on the four bases that had survived from a 4th century cruciform basilica. The Cathedral’s present dome and belfry on the western side date from the 17th cent…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Echniadzin, meaning “The Descent of the Only Begotten Son” is an ancient capital located in Armenia. The Cathedral was erected in the 4th century by King Trdat III and Saint Gregory the Illuminator. It was built on top of a pagan temple that had been destroyed by King Trdat. The existing cathedral was rebuilt around 480 AD on the four bases that had survived from a 4th century cruciform basilica. The Cathedral’s present dome and belfry on the western side date from the 17th cent…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A church in Rome, Italy.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A monument of the Flamboyant Gothic style, built from the end of the 13th century. The building suffered heavily during World War II, although is was among the only standing buildings after the 1944 bombings.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The current church was built between 1494 and 1657, on the site of two earlier churches. The facade, completed last, was the first example of the French baroque style in Paris.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A church in Paris, France, possibly on or near the Rue Saint-Honoré. The name of this church is possibly associated with Saint Honore.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Baptistere Saint-Jean is the oldest Catholic church in France, dating from the 4th century. The central part of the building was constructed around 360. From the twelfth to fourteenth century, the church was embellished by frescoes which are still visible today. The building was abandoned in 1791 during the revolution, confiscated from the church and sold to a private citizen. It was repurchased in 1834 and underwent restoration in the middle of the 20th century.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A Roman Catholic church and minor basilica in Padua, Veneto, Northern Italy, dedicated to St. Anthony. Construction probably began around 1232 and was completed in 1310, with changes made at the end of the 14th century and the mid-15th century. The church is without a precise architectural style.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A church in Ravenna, Italy, built in the fifth century AD. In the Middle Ages the Benedictines annexed to it an important monastery. In the 14th century both the church and monastery were renovated in the Gothic style. The church was almost totally destroyed in World War II and has since been heavily restored.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A titular minor basilica in the Trastevere district of Rome. It is one of the oldest churches of Rome. The basic floor plan and wall structure of the church date back to the 340s, and much of the structure to 1140-43.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A 17th century church in Rome, Italy, devoted to St. Catherine of Siena. The first church was first built ca. 1575 and originally belonged to an adjacent convent. Construction of the present church began in 1608. The present facade was completed between 1631-1641.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    A church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church’s cemetery. The church was built between 1492 and 1626.

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01