Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany

Collection Details Full Record
Parent Collection
Architectural Lantern Slides

Description

Lantern slides created in Germany during the late 19th or early 20th century. Image subjects include churches, cathedrals, houses, public buildings, synagogues, sculpture, and theaters. These lantern slides were intended for use in architectural pedagogy. Some images include people and fashions of the time.

Creator

G. Massiot & cie

Subject

Bridges

Theaters

City halls

Architecture

Churches

City walls

Cathedrals

Fountains

Synagogues

Palaces

Hotels

Spatial Coverage

Bonn

Frankfurt

Munich

Wiesbaden

Stuttgart

Rothenburg

Hildesheim

Germany

Heidelberg

Nuremberg

Trier

Cologne

Koblenz

Berlin

Aachen

Augsburg

Hamburg

Potsdam

Mainz

Search CurateND

Search criteria:

Collection: Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany remove × Type of Work: Doctoral Dissertation OR Master's Thesis OR Image remove ×
Clear all

List of files deposited in CurateND that match your search criteria

  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    Arcaded walkways run along the city walls. The open side offers views of houses, back yards, (here shown with firewood stacked against the wall) and occasional shops; the wall side has openings that the city’s defenders used. The Klingentor, the northernmost gate to the city, was built in 1395.

    German town in Middle Franconia, Bavaria, with a population of 12,500, lying on a plateau 100 m above the River Tauber on its right bank. It is remarkable for being preserved as a complete 16th-ce…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The Rödergate was added in 1591-1596, a time when the bridge over the moat was no longer raised for protection. To the right is the base of the Rödentor (1280). This was the exit from the former castle grounds.

    German town in Middle Franconia, Bavaria, with a population of 12,500, lying on a plateau 100 m above the River Tauber on its right bank. It is remarkable for being preserved as a complete 16th-century town bearing little evidence of later centuries, and for its intact fortifications …

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    German town in Middle Franconia, Bavaria, with a population of 12,500, lying on a plateau 100 m above the River Tauber on its right bank. It is remarkable for being preserved as a complete 16th-century town bearing little evidence of later centuries, and for its intact fortifications (12th-14th century). The town became an Imperial Free City in 1274. The town was bombed in March of 1945, destroying 306 houses, six public buildings, nine watchtowers, and over 2,000 feet (610 m) of the wall. Af…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public
  • Creator(s):
    G. Massiot & cie
    Description:

    The Severinstorburg at Chlodwigplatz. It takes its name from the parish of the church of St. Severin. The tower is flat sided on the city side and has crenellations at the top.

    The twelve gates of the new town wall (1180–1250) allude to the heavenly Jerusalem (Revelations 21:12). Of the once twelve medieval city gates (Stadttorburgen), only the Eigelsteintorburg at Ebertplatz, the Hahnentor at Rudolfplatz and the Severinstorburg at Chlodwigplatz still stand today. The Severin gate fronts ont…

    Date Created:
    1910-01-01
    Record Visibility:
    Public