Palazzo Beneventano del Bosco: Overall view, facade facing the Piazza Duomo
The building dates from the Middle Ages, when it was constructed for the Arezzo family. The building was largely rebuilt between 1779 and 1788 in the Sicilian Baroque style following its purchase by Baron Guglielmo Beneventano, by the architect Luciano Alì. He transformed the medieval building, which had been used as a seat of local government, into a private house. Built around an enclosed courtyard, the courtyard facades are canted and adorned with twin columns, putti, and statuary. The facade facing the Piazza Duomo is relatively restrained.