The current edifice is largely a reconstruction from 1498-1504. The dome, built between 1504 and 1508, perhaps on a design by Cozzarelli was built at the expense of the signore of Siena, Pandolfo Petrucci. It has a notable Renaissance portal (1519) by Baldassarre Peruzzi, while the interior houses numerous artworks by artists including Il Sodoma and Francesco Vanni. The sacristy is located where there was once a cloister.
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy|