The colonnade of the cardo is visible beyond the arch.
At the west end of the decumanus (east-west main road) rises a 12 m high triumphal arch, called (incorrectly) Trajan’s Arch, which was partially restored in 1900. The arch is principally of sandstone, and is of Corinthian order with three arches, the central one being 11 feet wide. The arch is also known as the Timgad Arch. It was built ca. 200 CE under the reign of Severus.