Photograph dates between 1910 and 1914.
Two columns stand in the Piazza dei Signori. The older one, dating from 1464, a period when Vicenza was controlled by the Venetian Republic, is topped with the winged lion, symbol of St. Mark and of Venice. Giovanni Antonio Amadeo was both an architect (known for city planning) and sculptor, so he may have executed all parts of the column. The second column dates from 1640 and is topped with a statue of Christ the Redeemer to honor Vicenza. Antonio Pizzocaro is only known as an architect and engineer, so probably did not execute the sculpture.