Collegiate Church of San Antolín: Overall view, looking from the market square
This hall church is dedicated to St. Antoninus of Pamiers (San Antolín). It was constructed between the 16th century and the 18th century (over the remains of an older parish church). The nave and the aisles are of Late Gothic style, with numerous chapels, such as the Chapel of the Virgen del Pópolo, with a balcony, which was used to celebrate the mass for all the market traders lodged in the Main Square. When Medina del Campo was Europe’s leading wool trading center, no merchant could seal a contract or deal until high mass had finished. It was restored in 2004. A former collegiate church (1480-1855), it is now a sculpture museum.