Old Town Hall, Prague: Renaissance porch and side elevation, viewed from the square

Image

Description

In the 16th century the town halls of both the Old and New Towns were renovated. There was a gradual change of style towards high, arcaded gables (e.g. the Týn School) and added Renaissance porches. The first houses with arcaded ground storeys appeared, some with figured grisaille painting, such as the House ‘at the Minute’ (Dům U Minuty, now part of the town hall of the Old Town).

Attributes

Attribute NameValues
Alternate Title
  • Staromĕstská Radnice, Praha

Creator
  • G. Massiot & cie

Subject
  • Architecture

  • City halls

  • Loggias

Date Created
  • 1910-01-01

Date Digitized
  • 2007-01-01

Cultural Context
  • Gothic (Medieval)

  • Renaissance

Place of Creation
  • Prague Středočeský, Czech Republic

  • +50.087279+14.420763

  • Prague

Departments and Units
Member of
Temporal Coverage
  • before or circa 1910

Record Visibility and Access Public
Content License

Collections

Collections Featuring this Image
Architectural Lantern Slides of Bohemia and Moravia (present-day Czechia)

Files

Please Note: You may encounter a delay before a download begins. Large or infrequently accessed files can take several minutes to retrieve from our archival storage system.