Column in the nave; choir stalls to the right. Coats of arms on the walls.
The Franciscan Church is the oldest church of Rothenburg; the former monastic church is today an Evangelical-Lutheran parish church. The monastery (Franziskanerkloster) was begun 1281 and abandoned after 1548 at the Reformation. The various monastery buildings were used by the city, but eventually have been destroyed, except for the church. The stained glass windows were made by Johannes Schreiter. It has a “Lettner” (a rood screen), a wooden division between the monks’ gallery and the seating area below for laymen. [German language Wikipedia]