Pulpit on the right side.
This monastery was constructed in 1482 with funding from los Reyes Católicos, Fernando and Isabel, and is the burial place of their only son, Don Juan, who died here aged 19. The prince’s tomb is modelled from alabaster carved by the Florentine Domenico di Sandro Fancelli. The headquarters of the royals’ adviser and confessor, the notorious Friar Tomás Torquemada, were also based here. Besides the church (with eight side chapels with ribbed vaults), it is a three cloister complex; Noviciado (Noviciate), Silencio (Silence) and Reyes (Kings); with the third cloister’s regal rooms now housing the Dominican’s Oriental Art Museum.