Old Town Hall, Lahnstein: Overall view, showing lower market hall and half-timbered meeting hall above

Image

Description

On June 7, 1969, Oberlahnstein and Niederlahnstein were united into the City of Lahnstein. The Rhenish half-timbered building with its Gothic hall on the ground floor dates from the 15th Century. The ground level was once the market hall. Particularly striking is the baroque bell roof turret with the old fire bell. Inside the building the remains of Baroque painted stucco ceilings have been preserved. Today, the Old Town Hall houses the Municipal Archives.

Attributes

Attribute NameValues
Alternate Title
  • Altes Rathaus, Lahnstein

Creator
  • G. Massiot & cie

Subject
  • City halls

  • Architecture

Date Created
  • 1910-01-01

Date Digitized
  • 2007-01-01

Cultural Context
  • Fifteenth century

Place of Creation
  • +50.2999898+7.605193

  • Lahnstein

  • Lahnstein, Rhineland Palatinate, Germany

Departments and Units
Member of
Temporal Coverage
  • before or circa 1910

Record Visibility Public
Content License

Collections

Collections Featuring this Image
Architectural Lantern Slides of Germany

Files

Please Note: You may encounter a delay before a download begins. Large or infrequently accessed files can take several minutes to retrieve from our archival storage system.