Parish Church of Saint Severus: Overall view, apse end, view
A former canonical foundation church; a three-naved basilica with gallery. Built in the earlier half of the 13th century, quire flanking towers possibly from the first fourth of the 12th century. Consecrated 13 December 1237 by Archbishop Theodoric. The church features a large (285 cm high and 248 cm wide) Triumphkreuz (Triumph of the Cross; Latin: crux triumphalis), created in 1220-1230. This is a monumental crucifix , a common furnishing of medieval churches, usually mounted between nave and choir, sometimes on a crossbeam.