This building was destroyed in World War II.
The marketplace is located in Stuttgart -Mitte Stuttgart immediately in front of the Stuttgart City Hall, (the Gothic Revival Rathaus dated from 1899-1903; it was destroyed 1944). The origins of the marketplace go back to the year in 1304. The open air market is still held several days weekly and is also part of the large Christmas Market in Stuttgart. Most of the buildings were 16th to 18th century; all of them were destroyed in the bombings. [German language Wikipedia]