Villa Belvedere was built by Innocent VIII on the high ground overlooking old St Peter’s Basilica, in 1484. The villa is now obscured by a two-storey palace. There are two long wings that connect the Apostolic Palace with the Belvedere Palace. The Belvedere Palace was built as the Villa Belvedere and now accomodates part of the Vatican Museums’ collection.
Villa Belvedere, Vatican City, ItalyImage
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy|