The first Episcopal Palace dated from the 1190s. The present building is 15th century. The interior is notable for the fresco decoration of 1567 which features landscape views and portraits of the bishops of Verona by Domenico Brusasorci. The patron was Agostino Valier, bishop of Verona (1565-1599). The main model for this was the Hall of Bishops in Padua. The practice has been continued to the present with portraits in the anteroom.
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy|