A Roman Catholic church, begun ca. 1820 in a location on the Singel Canal, formerly occupied by the West-Indisch Binnenhuis. It was Neoclassical in style with three aisles. Architect Theo Molkenboer added a transept in 1853. On December 31, 1933 the church was closed and sold to the Dutch Society of Life. The church was demolished in 1939. The Municipal University now occupies the site.
Saint Catherine's Church, Amsterdam: Overall viewImage
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Netherlands|