The historic town hall (Stadhuis) in Nijmegen, Netherlands. It was built between 1554 and 1555 under the direction of Herman van Herengrave in early renaissance style . The historic part of the town hall is actually a combination of a number of residential houses from the 14th century with a new front with a ship’s hall and a hall above it. The town hall houses a large number of historical and more modern works of art. Much was destroyed in World War II.
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Netherlands|