The temple was built by a Marwari Shrimal Jain named Rai Badridas Bahadoor Mookim in 1867. Badridas had made his fortune as a jeweler, serving as a court jeweler to the Viceroy and Governor General. The complex is subdivided into 4 areas, each with a temple. The temples are studded with mirrors and Belgian glass, covered with mosiac. They are surrounded by ornamental gardens and ponds.
Pareshnath Temple complex: View from interior pond and garden of two of the templesImage
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Record Visibility and Access||Public|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of India (includes present-day Pakistan)|