Construction of the Cathedral began as early as 1170. Twenty years later construction was restarted until 1215. Finally a third engineer, Jean Cotereel, completed the majority of the existing cathedral including a porch, and two towers, one of which is the current day belfry. The cathedral was consecrated and dedicated to Our Lady in 1275 by Pope Gregory X.
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Switzerland|