The Parco del Valentino is a popular public park of Turin, located along the banks of the Po River. On the occasion of the Italian General Exposition (Esposizione Nazionale) of 1884, a so-called medieval village (borgo medievale) was built, which was a reconstruction in the architectural styles of the Piedmont and Val d'Aosta of the Middle Ages, complete with a castle. The site is still an open-air museum with historical reenactments of feudal village life and crafts of the fifteenth century.
|Place of Creation|
|Departments and Units|
|Collections Featuring this Image|
|Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy|